Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) All [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Update :O
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 01:11 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Guild: None

Rating: (100%)
100%100%100%

OK, I'm not dead. Just been busy with a lot of other projects and school. Had time to work on the game today. I'll just be working on the basic engine, making sure it's bug-free, then releasing what I can.

I've pretty much spent the day fixing graphical elements such as shadows. All the shadows are currently fixed. If you've been wondering what "projects" I've been busy with, I've pretty much just been trying to make money. My budget is a lot better now so the game will be released free for as long as I can sustain it. I will also be able to hire graphics artists if I need them.

Yes, progress is very slow, but I work on this for fun. And it's A LOT of fun when it doesn't feel like a chore smile.gif.

I'm glad you're all still around. Keep in mind I will IM you on AIM if anything important comes up due to the slow updates. Just make sure I have your latest AIM screennames.

I also see the General Discussion is filled with spam. Don't worry about it. There'll be a new forum when the game is available for the public. If you recall, I also broke the AdminCP so I can't even disable registrations right now >.< XD.

--------------------
.: Sanctuary Project Director :.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RocketShadow
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 06:08 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

Guild: (dissolved) New Rome, Ohio

Rating: (50%)
50%50%50%

Yah, we do kinda need a new forum...Heh.

Any idea on when the next release will be, private or public or otherwise?

Otherwise, glad to hear you're still working on this. So happy you haven't given up or anything.

PS: Could you IM me or PM me your AIM address? My stupid computer deleted it when deleting info on my old account.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 08:51 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

My AIM is "EI ShadowDragon"

After running a few tests on my computer, it appears I still haven't fixed the map loading crash. I could have sworn I figured it out a while ago, but I just didn't have a fix. Oh well, back to bug hunting for me! >.<

Honestly, I'm open to running tests at any time. It's just a matter of whether your patient with all the crashes I'm trying to sort out. I can honestly say it's crashing 50% less than the first release I made. I just want to get a basic engine going with hack-and-slash swordplay and spells/skills. Nothing fancy for now. I've even been re-considering redesigning the online engine just so I can zero in on the bugs.

I might be gone for a few days. My friend brought up a few business oppurtunities for me, but he's requiring a huge investment. Not too sure about this, but if I'm gone anytime within the next month, it's something related to business.

In the meantime, feel free to IM me anytime. Unfortunately, school starts Jan 7 for me x.x *sigh*.

--------------------

user posted image
Mikou
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 10:22 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

What? Oh, I don't heal. I DPS.
Group Icon

Guild: General Goods Vendor

50%50%50%

Maybe it's time I got aim again. tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 07:36 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

Just wondering if you guys have a few friends that might be able to help out and test if we need to do a mass beta test?

Fixed a few loading/saving bugs. I am OBSESSED with fixing bugs for some reason. I could get so much further, but I have this obsession with making sure I hunt down every bug first tongue.gif.

--------------------

user posted image
RocketShadow
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 01:07 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

50%50%50%

I definitely have someone who could help. Intelligent, diligent player, and the like.

Registration is open, yeah? I'll see about getting him in.

Though he'll probably be sad it isn't a Pokemon MMO anymore.

--------------------
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 6 2008, 09:11 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

I'm pretty sure registration is open right now. This wouldn't be the best time to get him in with all the spam here and whatnot. I'm still sorting out a few of the bugs myself privately. I'll IM you when I'm ready. What's your AIM btw?

--------------------

user posted image
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 12:23 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

OK, I fixed a major map loading crash. In case you haven't noticed, everytime you go to a new level or when you die, the game will crash. I'm pretty darn sure I've solved it this time. There might be similar bugs caused by different reasons, but I know FOR SURE I've fixed one major bug (the crash was caused by the map loading infinitely).

I'm obsessed with fixing crashes because I want players to have a seamless gameplay experience without the game crashing when they're just starting to have fun.

There's still a few other crashes to fix (sometimes it'll crash when I slash my sword -.-), but I think that was one of the more major ones.

School starts tomorrow for me >.< ugh.

EDIT: OK, just finished a half-hour long swordfight with no crashes ^^. It was a 2-player fight. I have no idea how things will turn out with 3+ players. The bugs usually pop up with 3+ players. I've attached a screen of the results of one swordfight. We both killed eachother at the same time lol.

This post has been edited by ShadowDragon on Jan 7 2008, 12:45 AM

The attached image is hidden from Guests. Please log in to view.

--------------------

user posted image
RocketShadow
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 06:00 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

50%50%50%

QUOTE (ShadowDragon @ Jan 6 2008, 09:11 PM)
I'm pretty sure registration is open right now. This wouldn't be the best time to get him in with all the spam here and whatnot. I'm still sorting out a few of the bugs myself privately. I'll IM you when I'm ready. What's your AIM btw?

My AIM is in my profile. tongue.gif

Basmothel

I'll help whenever you need it.

OK, I fixed a major map loading crash. In case you haven't noticed, everytime you go to a new level or when you die, the game will crash. I'm pretty darn sure I've solved it this time. There might be similar bugs caused by different reasons, but I know FOR SURE I've fixed one major bug (the crash was caused by the map loading infinitely).

Infinite loops are fun, always are. Glad to see the progress so far!

--------------------
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 06:12 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

I'm going to try and do a test by myself this Friday (because I'm in school again >.<) and see if things work out with 3+ players on. I'm pretty sure this game runs FINE with 2 players now with no crashes and only minor bugs. I'll see what I can do once I get off school.

I'm also thinking of a way to do items. I don't want it to use pre-set items, but that would be easiest to program. Only pre-set item I've made so far is a potion lol. If it crashes with 3+ players, I'm off items AGAIN and back to fixing crashes XD. I know for sure I've fixed a major bug already though.

--------------------

user posted image
RocketShadow
Posted: Jan 10 2008, 08:11 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

50%50%50%

I don't have anything better to do on a Friday. biggrin.gif

--------------------
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 03:16 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

We'll see wink.gif. I actually don't want to release another test version until I have basic gameplay going other than just the sword engine.

--------------------

user posted image
RocketShadow
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 10:40 PM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

The Cloaked Schemer
Group Icon

50%50%50%

QUOTE (ShadowDragon @ Jan 11 2008, 03:16 AM)
We'll see wink.gif. I actually don't want to release another test version until I have basic gameplay going other than just the tetris fight engine.

Fixed.

tongue.gif

--------------------
GB250
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 05:21 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Keezy
Group Icon

Guild: new rome lol

50%50%50%

Sorry, I've been on vacation lately.
I'm actually moving away from MIDIs and am now working with .ogg and .mp3. Using Synths and soundfonts makes for a much better sound overall than some MIDI instruments that sound terrible on someone's crummy sound card.
At any rate, let me know when you want to have a testing session. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Suffer the little creatures, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless.
-Druid's Call
PMEmail Poster
ShadowDragon
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 06:24 AM Posted since your last visit
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

100%100%100%

QUOTE (RocketShadow @ Jan 11 2008, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (ShadowDragon @ Jan 11 2008, 03:16 AM)
We'll see wink.gif. I actually don't want to release another test version until I have basic gameplay going other than just the tetris fight engine.

Fixed.

tongue.gif

XD That was a fixed a LOOONG time ago. I actually improved it even more recently. Not only are there character models now, but you will see a character AND the direction he is facing (8 different directions). I used to just have static characters moving around. There's just no walking animations right now because I need someone to color in all those sprites x.x. I didn't get a chance to test today because I was trying to get my shredder to work and shredding bank statements the entire day >.<. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

--------------------

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) All [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0355 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]